The International Association of World Heritage Professionals e.V. (IAWHP e.V.) is a non-profit association of specialsts in various fields connected to World Heritage protection and managment. To achieve its goal, IAWHP e.V. undertakes the following activities:
- establishing and maintaining professional networks between BTU’s World Heritage Studies Alumni and other heritage professionals;
- acting as a think-tank for developing innovative approaches towards the protection, conservation and management of the material and immaterial aspects of cultural and natural heritage;
- encouraging, planning and implementing joint research as well as other projects whose goals correspond to those of the association;
- making the knowledge of its members available to existing and potential World Heritage Sites as well as other related institutions and actors;
- creating a database of information concerning the protection of heritage sites worldwide as well as other relevant conferences, educational opportunities and job offers for the benefit of its members; and
- informally assisting and advising students of the World Heritage Studies Master’s Programme at Brandenburg University of Technology (BTU) Cottbus in reaching their study objectives and their entry into the workforce.